Sr Front End Developer
Democracy Live, a leading voting technology firm, is searching for a Senior Developer to help develop current and future cloud-based balloting applications. Applicants will be responsible for adding new features and functionalities supporting the application. The application is written in Angular 8 as a SPA that integrates with NodeJS Lambda Functions and a Go Lang backend API.
The following development skills are needed.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced, highly visible elections environment.
- Capable of sizing up the project as a whole and establishing realistic development timelines.
- Able to work efficiently under tight timelines.
- Able to prioritize development tasks to meet deadlines and dynamic requirements.
- Must be proficient in Angular 4+ development. Have proven experience working with complex applications built with Angular. Candidates with a React background that can quickly ramp up in an Angular environment will also be considered.
- Must be able to efficiently style components and pages using SCSS in a visually appealing way to match existing designs.
- Ability to write and debug NodeJS applications in a serverless environment.
- Ability to review a set of data files (xml, csv, xlsx, etc) and write a parser to convert the data into a desired format.
- Strong experience writing clean, secure code.
- Experience developing in Go is a bonus but is not required.
- Strong experience working in a Linux server environment
- Experience working with AWS is preferred. Ideal candidates are able to stand up new services in AWS that are both secure and scalable.
- Experience working with Docker Containers or AWS ECS containers is a bonus.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Someone who believes in the mission of modernizing how 200 million voters vote in America
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $105,000.00 – $140,000.00 per year
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
For consideration, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Technical Accounts Manager (Remote Position)
Democracy Live is searching for a Technical Accounts Manager to assist with configuring data elements for various elections across the United States. With important elections coming up, Applicants will be responsible for reviewing election data and configuring Democracy Live’s service offerings.
The following technical skills are needed.
- Flexibility to work remotely from Flexible hours during non-peak months.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced, highly visible elections
- Able to work efficiently under tight
- Be willing to learn enterprise systems
- Be willing to work with team members to resolve problems, have questions answered, and coordinate on larger tasks for customers.
- Demonstrate self-motivation, a positive attitude and ability to follow
- Work overtime, including periodic evenings and/or weekends during periods of peak demand
- Must have the ability to review, process, and organize data with high-level attention to detail
- Reviewal and manipulation of multiple dataset filetypes (xml, csv, xlsx, etc)
- Advanced Excel data management and manipulation
- Microsoft Office environment familiarity
- Visual Studio Code or another text editor experience
- Experience in field of elections is a bonus but not
Pay: $20-$25/hour. Will be based on skills and/or qualifications.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org